Monday, February 18, 2008

Dwayne & Norma's Visit

Hey everyone! So we were lucky enough to have Dwayne & Norma come visit us on February 1-4, 2008. I actually was trying to put together a slide show of their visit, but the program I was using ended up making all the pictures blurry for some reason. So I'll just post them like we normally do. I'll have to find another program to use. Which also means we'll have to wait to display any videos we've taken.

We hope everyone is doing well. It's been a little while since our last post. We're starting to think about our next assignment and where we want to go. Hopefully this week I'll learn more about our options from my recruiters. Not much else has been going on. We're planning a trip to the hill country soon, pictures to follow.

We took Dwayne & Norma down to San Antonio to see the Alamo & the Riverwalk. We went down there on Saturday and they were having a Mardi Gras parade on the water. They had boats decorated and people dressed up throwing beads as they went by.

My favorite walk way at the Alamo.



Behind the Alamo they had people dressed up in period costumes.

Hmmm....what are you cooking?


One of the boats in the parade on the river. They were throwing beads and had music playing.


This one actually had a band playing on it.


Enjoying some refreshing drinks as the floats/boats go by.

Mmmmm.......fresh guacamole


Superbowl night we hung out at Legends in the Holiday Inn where Dwayne & Norma stayed. We had a really fun time. There were people there giving out free beer, necklaces, hats, and other fun stuff. Go Giants!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did have a great time! Even though I was running a fever most of the time we made the best of it.(as the pictures show I was not at my best!!!!) Thanks again for your hospitality..Love you guys!

Norma