Monday, August 16, 2010

My Dad's 70th Birthday Surprise!

My brothers and I planned on flying out to surprise my Dad for his 70th Birthday. We actually were able to schedule our flights to arrive in El Paso about an hour apart. We then rented a car and drove to the house and surprised my Dad by knocking on the door. Thanks to my Mom, she was able to keep the whole weekend & the party a secret for about a year.





















Getting into the spirit of the party my Dad whipped out his Scottish hat.




Relaxing on the back porch.





On Mother's Day we went out to this area that was supposed to be a wetlands area. Lets just say it was the most interesting "wetlands area".













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was thirty nine, but the surprise was a very happy moment for me and I felt the love from each of our family.

Unknown said...

All dads deserve such lovely and affectionate surprises. Heard a lot about venues in Chicago and thinking to book one for my friend's baby shower and birthday. Will celebrate both occasions with pomp and show. Hope she feels special. Will ask about the luncheon menu and desserts once. Party favors are also on hunt.